When do we collect information? What information do we collect?
- When you contact us through our Contact form.
- Email address
- When you contact us through our Custom Candles form.
- Email address
- When you register an account with our site.
- Email address
- When you place an order through our online storefront.
- First and last name
- Complete shipping address
- Complete billing address
- Phone number
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or account with Wick & Wildflowers.
- To follow up with you after correspondence.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All information transferred to or from our website is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Your personal information is contained on secured networks, and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential.
- All transactions are processed through a secure payment gateway provider (Stripe) and are not stored or processed on Wick & Wildflower servers.
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
If you use wickandwildflower.com, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that Wick and Wildflower is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your account. Wick and Wildflower and its associates reserve the right to refuse or cancel service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Personalize your experience.
- Remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences (Google Analytics).
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, you can look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you turn cookies off, some aspects of our website may not function properly.
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change the Personally Identifiable Information that is stored on our servers.
- You can request that we delete all Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. the Federal Trade Commission, the United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree with the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product.
- To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- To not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.